Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Office Art + Comic Book Convention

I finally bought some art for my office. Becky, Justin, Joe and I went to a comic book convention in Manchester on Sunday. Artist's from all sorts of comic books were there and we got to meet and talk to some really cool people. This particular artist was sharing a booth with his best friend, they were both amazing. His name is Jason Casey. He does a lot of art based around musicians and the TV shows Heroes and Lost. When I got the talking with him I told him I was a big fan of both those shows, he got really excited and we started into a conversation about Lost and it's up coming final season. He also pointed out his darma pin on his lapel.
His buddy sharing the booth with him did photo realistic art. As I flipped through his pages of work I came across an amazing picture he had drawn of Thom York. He told me I was the first person that had ever come to one of his booths and knew who that was, we the proceeded into a Radiohead conversation.
I know a comic book convention seems really, really nerdy but, it was the highlight of my weekend. Everyone was really nice, the art was fantastic and there were less nerds there then expected. If you ever get the chance to go to one, don't hesitate. Don't Judge feeling like its going to be a nerdfest. If you like art, and having fun you should go.

No comments: