Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Free iTunes Downloads of the week

Type: Free Song
Artist: Broken Bells
Song: The High Road
Genre: Alternative
Rating: 4-Stars

This group is a collaboration of two people you may have heard before. Brian Burton who is in the bands 'Gnarles Barkley' and 'Danger Boom', also James Mercer who is in 'The Shins'. I like the sound a lot. It has an almost 'Gorillaz' feel which should not be surprising since Brian Burton has worked with them. I would say this is a download for sure.

Type: Free Song
Artist: The soft Pack
Song: C'mon
Genre: Alternative
Rating: 4-Stars

Very catchy, I can see this song being a hit. I think it's a download with out a doubt. I wish iTunes gave out quality like this every week.

Type: Free Video
Artist: Land of Talk
Song: It's Okay
Genre: Alternative
Rating: 4-Stars

I like this song and video. The sound is nice and slow, soft and smooth, very enjoyable. The lead vocals Elizabeth Powell also from 'Broken Social Scene' voice is almost angelic. The light and airy sound is great easy listening. I think it's a good download.

So over all this week I think you can't miss. All three have chances of becoming hits, you might as well pick them up when they are free, instead of shelling out .99 cents later.

No comments: