Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Podcast's

I just wanted to take a minute to talk about a few Podcast's that I subscribe to.

The first one is a SciFi short story podcast called "escape pod". Narrated by a guy named Steve Ely, "Escape Pod" immerses you into a world where anythings possible and what you think isn't always what it seems. One thing I love about "escape pod" is that the stories range from 2 minutes to 40 minutes, and they offer a escape from reality.

The Second one is a history cast called "Hardcore Histories" Narrated by Dan Carlin. This sometimes long podcast is a great step back into the past of humans. From politics from the past to ancient wars, Dan Carlin always stays up beat and is interesting to listen to. He really makes you feel like your living in the time period in which he is talking about.

The Third is "Video Game Outsiders" Narrated by Michelle, John and Kyle, this cast lets you know about the different video games that are coming out or have just recently been released. This cast is a lot of fun and the three hosts really insert a lot of their personality into it.

The fourth and the last one I'm going to talk about today is "The Secrets" Narrated by Michael Stackpole. This cast is for the writer and is on of my favorites out there at the moment. Although if you have no interest in writing this cast really isn't for you. Michael is an accomplished writer with over 38 books published and 8 reaching the best seller list, he really gives great insight on what it takes to be sucessful and what to expect for first time writers.

So those are all the Casts I listen to that I have time to talk about for now. See you next time.


Peace
-Joshua M Hemond

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to disagree with you about "The Secrets". I think it's not just for writers. Yes, some of it deals with how the industry works. As a guy who is only a reader, I don't particularly care about those episodes. But his episodes on how to write help a reader get an appreciation for a well-written story.

JoshuaMHemond said...

I personally agree, but I'm not sure if we are the exception or the rule :)